My Family

My Family

Monday, May 16, 2011

Days like today.....

It is a beautiful spring day in Southeastern Minnesota....here are my thoughts on days like today.

On days like today, all my dreams of moving south to warmer weather go right out the window. I love looking up at that big blue sky and close my eyes as the sun warms my face (my family is familiar with this strange behavior, as I grin like a lunatic while doing it). Days like today are perfect for wiggling my bare toes in the grass and take in the smell of a fresh mowed lawn (okay, and the manure down the road, but still). I will find every reason possible to NOT do housework and spend my day putzing outside (yet here I sit typing, ha!). On days like today, I can't wait for the kids to get home so we can go hiking, or to the park, or just bounce on the trampoline together. I look forward to a bonfire at night, while roasting marshmallows with my family and listening to my children's laughter.
Days like today, I look at all the beauty surrounding me and think about my Grandpa Huber, who was an amazing artist and loved capturing all of it. I miss going to the park at Grandma Huber's house and drinking crystal light lemonade with her (our minus the vodka of course). I realize how lucky I am, and am so thankful that I have another day like this to enjoy.
Days like today, I think about my dad and how amazing it is that he is with us another spring.  I think that I shouldn't complain about my condition when there is such wonder to behold outside. On day like today....it's pretty amazing to be alive.
On that note.....it's too damn nice, I am going to play outside and wait for the school bus!!!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment