My Family

My Family

Monday, September 19, 2011

Trying to stay above water.....

There can be many struggles in the day to day of being a SAHM (stay at home mom, for those that are not good with acronyms). My latest struggle, and I am sure it is not uncommon, is trying to manage the chaos while also trying to remain sane. Difficult, I know. Just when I feel like things are clearing up a bit....WHAM!! I get hit with a week that is non-stop. The schedule gets so full you can't even find time to pee, let alone get everything on the list done. It is smothering and stressful and completely ridiculous!
For example, this week is insane. Today is cheer camp day, Alayna will not be home until 5...then it's Girl Scouts, dinner, baths, homework, bed. Tomorrow is worse, cheer camp, dance, dinner, send 2 monsters to the Jensens, meeting in Rochester with Cameron, dinner somewhere in there, homework, baths, bed...oh and my new Tuesday night shows are on! I swear, if I miss Parenthood.....let's just say it won't be pretty. Anywho, you get the picture...my world is chaos. Add to the day to day, doctors appointments, trying to start a business, worrying about my dad, money woes, and trying to keep my house functioning....it's a wonder I don't drink more than I do!
So, this week I am trying something new. I am not going to worry about it...weird right?! I am not going to panic if the dishes aren't done, or if there are toys all over the living room. I am not going to freak out when the boys miss the toilet EVERY morning, or when Alayna loses yet another pair of socks (I swear, I could buy new ones every week). I will refrain from yelling when Jimmy is late (ok, I will try really hard with this one...but I am not making any promises). I am just going to let things happen as they will.
For those that know me, this going to be quite a challenge. I am that "I want it done yesterday" kinda gal. I hate having a mess around me, and I am insanely punctual...usually always early. I put far more stress on myself than necessary, and give up asking for help.
So hopefully next week at this time, I will still have all of my hair, my children will be happy and I will still be married. Here's to a long week, with maybe a hot bubble bath every night. -K

1 comment:

  1. Kelly I appreciate the whole, "If I don't do it myself it won't be done right" attitude. BELIEVE ME I do! I do the same thing! But sometimes you just have to surrender and ask for help or delegate. If it's the boys missing the toilet why is it you cleaning it up? I understand that the kids are busy and homework is priority but there's nothing wrong with them having responsible for cleaning the bathroom. And sure Alayna is the youngest but there's no reason why she can't take her socks off and put them in the hamper! So remember to ask for help and you know what? If it doesn't get done it's not the end of the world! HUGS!! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete