My Family

My Family

Thursday, September 15, 2011

You wanna know what????

Well, here we are mid September and you know what that means???? It's my little brother's birthday!!!  So, today is all about Eric. Whether he reads this or not, everyone else can know just how much I love that doody head. I have seen lots of posts on facebook about your brother being your first friend, and that couldn't be more true in our case. Despite the 4 year age difference, Eric and I were constant companions. We got ourselves into lots of crazy situations...including me electrocuting him. I know, it explains a lot, right?! We spent much of our days pretending to be a bike gang, or trying to roller skate on gravel roads or Eric's Masters of the Universe action figures would drive semi trucks and move my Barbie's furniture to their new house. That's not to say we didn't fight....like the time I got hit in the face with a curtain rod....yes, our house was crazy. (almost like mine now)
We've seen a lot together and been through so much. Eric was my sidekick throughout middle and high school, he was my date screener (he didn't like anyone but Jimmy), he was always the guy passed out on my couch. He bailed me out of some sticky situations...like falling asleep on my bathroom floor (it was a long night).
And even though, we don't see each other as much as we would like...I still consider him my first and very best friend. So, as I make his favorite cherry chip cake (someone had to take over when we lost Grandma Huber)...I think of my little Pooper. Happy Birthday Eric!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment