My Family

My Family

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Results of my last experiment.

So it's been awhile since I wrote about my attempt to just let it all go, and I must admit that I did better than I thought I would. While I still found myself doing a whole lot of cleaning, I wasn't so stressed about having to get it done. Just the simple idea of "it'll get done when it gets done" made me more productive....funny how that works.
Did I get more assistance? Not really. Was I more pleasant to be around? I'd like to think so. Regardless, I have since worked harder at not being stressed about the day to day tasks in my life.
That's not to say that I have no stress...because believe me, I do. I just find that I am managing it a little bit better. I am not afraid to take a step away, take a deep breath and clear my head. Sure my house is messier than usual, but I have 3 kids (4 counting the husband), we have a busy schedule, and I am only one person. If it bothers people...they don't have to come over. Of course the pee on the toilet seat is an ongoing battle, I think that won't ever end. Alayna still loses socks, thank goodness for tights! There are a few dishes in my sink and I don't really care.
It continues to be a work in progress, but I will get there. There are still lots of projects, but they will get done when they get done. Just as long as my kids and hubby are happy we're good.....and as long as I get regular bubble bath and beer time :) K

No comments:

Post a Comment