My Family

My Family

Monday, November 28, 2011

A big announcement.....

No....it's not what you think, there are no babies arriving at our house any time ever again.
While spending time with our families this past weekend, we filled them in on a big decision we had to make and now that they know we can pass it on to everyone else.
Those closest to us know that we have had some money struggles, who doesn't these days?! Jimmy was offered a really great job, one that would allow us to get ahead and be able to enjoy life more. One with great benefits (super important for a parent with a hearing impaired child and a child with a heart murmur). A really great job.....in Decorah....Iowa.
That's right my friends, this Nordeast girl is going to Iowa. I never thought I'd say that. This is a scary thing for me, much scarier that moving to Plainview. I know very few people, luckily Jimmy knows EVERYBODY. It is even more rural than where I live now. And most importantly, it is farther from my family and friends....I am terrified!
Jimmy starts his new job one week from today. The monsters and I will be staying in Plainview until the end of the school year. Which means, you guessed it....I am doing the married, single parent thing for the next few months. It is going to be hectic, stressful, crazy, and a real test. A test of ourselves and more importantly a test of our relationship.
I am trying to remain positive for the kiddos, I know how hard it is to change schools and make new friends. But inside I am a nervous wreck.
So over the next few months my posts will consist of the trials and tribulations of a "somewhat" single parent, trying to transition to a new community in a new state, the horror of moving, and the ways I make the process easier for my monsters.
After all....I always said I wanted to move south :)  K

1 comment: