My Family

My Family

Monday, January 23, 2012

Making progress.

So I've ventured in to a couple of big projects this new year. The first is to get my home organized and purged of all things unnecessary in preparation for our move this spring.  The second to get my mind and body healthy, and on a steady down hill direction weight wise. Here's where I'm at...
Home organization is not an easy feat when you have 3 super busy kids. I started with my room and purged a large amount of clothing (hopefully I will be buying new very soon for my slimmer shape). As I do laundry, I continue to weed out the over abundance of clothing that my kids have...I swear Seth has about 15 hoodies! We have begun sorting through all of the "storage" stuff in the basement. So much of it is not needed. This week's big projects are my craft room and my nemesis....the junk drawer. Now, this may not seem like such a big task, but when you live with a mechanic, there is no telling what I will find. All spare nuts, bolts, and the like, are emptied from pockets and put in this drawer. There is a roll of scotch tape that has wound itself around some phone chargers. Batteries that are probably no good have been left to be mixed with the good ones...and don't even get me started on the pens and pencils!!
As far as getting healthy goes...I am down 10 pounds since the beginning of the month! This is mostly due to my aggressive workout regimen. I always told myself that I am an athlete in a fat girls body...and I believe that I am proving that. I can even do more push ups now than my 10 year old!!  The part I struggle with the most is the eating.... I enjoy my treats, especially ice cream, and am working to find a way to enjoy them in a healthy fashion. My monsters are on the same page, they enjoy the change to whole grains and constantly remind me that I need to drink more water. I know that deep down, part of me will always be the fat girl...I just don't need everyone to see it. Oh!!  Believe it or not...I have only had 4 beers all month! This is huge! And you know what?? I don't miss it all that much. I am sleeping better, my clothes are fitting better and I am just a happier person. Why didn't I do this a long time ago?
How are your resolutions going?? Are you sticking with it, and have you been successful? More progress reports to follow....K

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic to hear your progress. I've got something to help with the ice cream cravings. You put cut up ripe bananas in the freezer for an hour or two then whip them up in the food processor. It is supposed to taste like ice cream. We are going to give it a try soon. Keep up the great work! My resolution to sit up straight is coming. I catch myself more often. :)

    ReplyDelete