My Family

My Family

Friday, February 24, 2012

Heading into another crazy weekend.

Another week has flown by, and here we are at the weekend again. I can't remember the last time we had a weekend with absolutely nothing scheduled, it's unheard of these days. This weekend is no different. I have been battling a nasty cold all week, and finally a sinus infection...yay. So when I got to looking at our hectic schedule, I got a bit terrified.
I had a cake to do today, and despite feeling really yucky, was able to finish it in record time. I always panic about my timeline and today turned out pretty good. I was able to bake all the cake for tomorrows project, finish one cake, do 3 loads of laundry, enjoy lunch with my mother in law, clean the downstairs of the house, AND get a little time to blog before the monsters get home from school!  All on a feeling yucky kind of day. I find it odd that I am more motivated when I am under the weather.
Tonight we head out to spend the night in Cresco with some friends, its hard to believe that in just over 3 months I will be living there. Tomorrow is a roller skating adventure with our friends, and then lots of cake work for mama...and hopefully, we can squeeze in some more friend time. Sunday...well, we don't actually have anything planned (WHAT?!) aside from a cake delivery. What to do with that time?
My to do list is a million miles long. I cross one thing off and then add another. I go to bed thinking about what the following day will bring and wake up reciting my list to myself. How is it that life gets so crazy? I know that much of my list can wait. Like, getting caught up on my scrapbooks or starting to pack up the things that we don't use regularly. And maybe this weekend, after all the insanity, I may just let those things wait another week. Happy weekend all...Enjoy!  K

No comments:

Post a Comment