My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

5 weeks and counting....

I have been so busy these last few weeks with school stuff, packing, cakes, sorting junk, cleaning, etc., that I haven't had much time to really think about putting up a new post.
Today, I am working on my craft/office space and am greatly in need of a break.  So, I grabbed a Diet Coke and decided to sit down and type.
One would think that I am an experienced mover by now. I mean, I've only moved about a dozen times in my adult life. So, I should be good at this right? Wrong!!  I am in denial about my pack rat tendencies, I have areas of my house that haven't been dusted in I don't know how long, and I have a multitude of unfinished projects.  I thought my kids rooms were bad...boy, was I mistaken! 
In my quest to decrease the amount of stuff I have to move, I have given up a third of my scrapbook paper (it sounds like a lot, but you should see what I have left). I have parted with my old Cricut and many of my paper punches, stickers, stamps, etc. The closet in my craft area is nearly empty now, and it sort of looks like I am packed up to go on retreat...don't I wish! 
Moving is a scary thing, no matter how many times I do it, I get stressed out and anxious. I hate living in a state of "in between". Many of my favorite things in the world are now in boxes and won't see the light of day for about a month, I won't be able to play with them for at least two months!
In all honesty, the kids are handling this much better than I am. They're ready for the school year to end so we can just go. They have been really good about thinning out their toys, mostly because I let them keep the money they earn for their toys on the garage sale. They are excited about decorating their new rooms, the boys get their own rooms in our new house.  They are looking forward to meeting new kids and getting to go visit their new school in the next couple of weeks. 
We moved a bit when I was a kid, and I don't ever remember being excited about it. Well, except for when we moved from our 2 bedroom apartment in New Brighton (there was six of us living there) to our house in East Bethel (it was brand new). 
The great thing about this move is that we take possession of the house next week, giving us 4 weeks to get rooms put together, closets filled, pictures on walls, etc. before we officially "move".  Our last week here in Plainview is going to sort of be like camping, but in the house. Air mattresses, paper plates and plastic utensils, only having enough clothes for the week.  It's a pretty good plan, in theory, hopefully I can stay on schedule.  The next few weeks are so busy that there's very little wiggle room in my daily to do lists.  The hardest part, and this is going to make Jimmy feel bad, is being on my own doing most of it.  But, it'll get done, and before we know it I will be an Iowa resident and won't have to spend days at a time apart from my husband. 
Well, I better get back to it....have a great day!!  K

No comments:

Post a Comment