My Family

My Family

Monday, May 14, 2012

Wow....the last 6 months have really flown by! Here we are, just two weeks left of school and just two weeks until our big move.  This past week was filled with moving activities, and quite a bit of fun.  My mom came to visit us for 4 days, helping out with some packing and painting and going garage saleing with me :) The idea of moving to a new town and a new school has been weighing heavily on the kids minds. So, to make it a bit more exciting, we let the kids pick out the paint colors for their rooms. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when they get excited about decorating their own rooms, it helps a ton!!
Cameron picked camp fire orange (I was not expecting that), he already has big ideas for decorating and has asked for canvases to paint on so he can hang his art in his room.  Seth picked gray, but keep in mind his new comforter (compliments of Grandma Diane), is going to be orange and red and black.  He is looking forward to putting posters of cool cars on his walls.  And A...well she picked pink, of course. But not just any pink, amazing azalea...which more like a fuschia than pink. This will match the new duvet and curtains that Grandma Diane made for her.  The whole point of the weekend was to start to make our new house feel like home. And just by letting the kids create their own rooms, it was a good start.
We also moved many of my plants from my current yard, I am being selfish and taking most of them with me. Just putting plants in the ground made it start to feel like our own.  It also brought out our neighbor, a 79 year old woman named Peggy.  She greeted me with a huge hug...what a nice way to be welcomed into the neighborhood. One of my first projects will be to take my daily walks and introduce myself to our neighbors, I am greatly looking forward to this as our current neighborhood is not very social.
This coming week is filled with more packing and cleaning and painting and digging...whew!  In order to keep it exciting for the kids, they are working hard to get all of their toys ready to go to their new rooms.  Their minds are busy with thinking up ideas on where to put their things and where they will play with them.  It is hard to keep a positive outlook, especially when I am kind of sad about going. But, in creating excitement for the kids, it is hard to not catch a little bit of it myself.  There will be lots to fill you in on this week...hopefully I will have time to sit down and type it out. K

No comments:

Post a Comment