My Family

My Family

Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's been one wild month!!

Well...it's been just about a month since my last post.  A whole lot has happened in the last few weeks, it's hard to know where to start.  The move went fairly smoothly, a few little hiccups here and there and our timeline was a bit off (my biggest pet peeve).  And now, nearly a month in, and we're finally close to completely unpacked.  I had a hard time motivating myself to get it all done, and with the kids home and the exploration of our new town, I've been terribly distracted.  My craft room was supposed to be one of the first rooms done, and it is going to be one of the last.  Our master bedroom has yet to be painted, and the family room is not yet painted.  My kitchen is fully functional, and that's the most important room anyway.
We've enjoyed a few events here in our new area already.  A family fun night with free bounce houses (I love free), Old Settlers Day in Jimmy's hometown (well I was a craft vendor, but still), and today the kids and I went to the Howard County Fair. (MN friends...there is no admission or parking fee here!!)  I have taken a trip to the thrift stores in town...yes, there's more than one! (retreat girls...you really must visit). We've found a new dance school for A, cheaper than the last school too! We've visited the school and Seth should be all set with his FM system when school starts.
I've been keeping myself so busy, but am still having a bit of a time adjusting to the change.  It is hard to not really know anyone, and not get a little depressed about it.  I think I may have found a few ways to get myself out there and meet some people though.  Hopefully, that works out.  The kids are missing the old neighborhood something terrible, and it's hard to see them that way.  They ask at least once a week when we're going to Plainview to visit or if their friends can come here to play.  They understand how far away we now live, but can't quite grasp the idea of how much it would be to ask their friends parents to drive them all the way down here.  I know that once school starts again they will very quickly adjust and make new friends, but right now it's a bit of a struggle for them.
In the meantime, my goal is to keep them busy. We go to the library on a regular basis, play at the parks, and now that the bikes are fixed, will be going for bike rides.  There already some familiar faces just doing these things, and hopefully friendships will form that way.  It's going to be summer of adjustments and we'll really get to see what we're made of.  So far, my monsters are doing great and I hope it only gets better for them.  -K

No comments:

Post a Comment