My Family

My Family

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The fleeting moments

As of lately, I've been thinking a lot about how quickly my children are growing and how fast the time will go before they are off on their own. I don't know what started me thinking about it in the first place. Maybe it's the fact that my first born is about to be 13 and his voice is changing.  Maybe it's because my little Seth Man very rarely hugs me in public anymore and he's becoming so opinionated. Or maybe it's because my A asks me if her outfits look okay and she's ready to get her eyebrows waxed (she has a bit of a unibrow and is a little self conscious about it). 
Regardless of what started it, I've been thinking a lot about it. When you break it down, in only 5 years Cameron will be off on his own. When I think about all the things that I want to do with my children before they are grown, I realize how little time I have left with them. It makes me so very sad. These little people that I thought I would get to enjoy forever are very quickly becoming their own people. With their own styles, personalities, and opinions. They are all quick witted, and have a knack for sarcasm....wonder where that comes from ;) They all find toilet humor to the be hilarious, they love their pets, and their family. They even still enjoy watching their Mom act like a goofball when she gets excited about something.
As similar as they all are, their differences are becoming more distinct as they grow. Cameron is an old soul, wise beyond his years. He looks out for his friends and encourages them to make good decisions. He is genuinely a good dude. Seth is outgoing, athletic, and thoughtful. He is a visual learner (being hearing impaired has helped that), and wants to be just like his Dad. Alayna is a crazy combination of all of that. She is thoughtful, and sensitive. She is crafty, and she likes to do whatever the boys are doing. 
I wish I could keep them this way forever. And yet...I can't wait to see what they do next. Even though our schedules are crazy and I don't spend as much time with my monsters as I'd like, I have to learn to savor the little moments. It seems as though there will be too few. -K

No comments:

Post a Comment