My Family

My Family

Sunday, January 4, 2015

52 week gratitude challenge

I have been away from my writing for a very long time. This has happened for a number of reasons. 1-I was working too much. 2-My kids have a crazy schedule. and 3-I've been really depressed.
That's hard thing for me to admit, I am the one that carries everything. If I fall apart, then so do a lot of other things From all things household related, the kids schedule to Girl Scout leader stuff, and the list goes on...it's on me. Sometimes it becomes so overwhelming that I feel like screaming. Or sometimes, I just don't care and want to give up. Then I think about my kids and the others that rely on me and I keep on truckin'. A good cry every now and then helps too.  So, in an effort to get myself back on a positive track, I am going to work on this 52 week gratitude challenge. Each week, I will write about a different topic and what I am grateful for. My hope is that this will help me to see more of the positives in my world, and help me get out of this funk. I choose to not medicate myself when these funks happen, I'd rather FEEL the sadness than not feel anything at all. Also, maybe a trip to the beach will help too (Jimmy, are you reading this???.) I hope to use this as a way to guide myself out of this dark spot and back to where I need to be. If winter could go away that would be helpful too. :)
Thanks for reading and being a part of my self therapy. May the new year bring you love, joy, and laughter. Until next time....-K

No comments:

Post a Comment