My Family

My Family

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Gratitude Challenge week 2: My hubs

I'm taking this challenge seriously, two weeks in a row! This week's topic is spouse/significant other. I'm not usually all mushy about my hubs, so this is a little weird for me. I mean, I tell him that I love him many times a day, but when it comes to gushing about him to others...well, I definitely have room for improvement.

My husband and I met almost 16 years ago. I was going the Medical Institute of Minnesota with his cousin, Stacy. He came to visit one week and the rest, as they say, is history. He quickly moved in with me and we were engaged a year later. And then, surprise!! Two years and a day after we met, Cameron was born. It's been a wild ride ever since.
This is shortly after we met. A couple of crazy kids that liked to party.
 
 
 
Jimmy always does his best to humor me and my crazy erratic thoughts. I always want to do a million and one things. My mind never stops with ideas and randomness. He just smiles and nods, and will try his hardest to make them happen. He supports my many hobbies, and encourages me in any of my endeavors. When I said, "I don't want to work 70 hours a week anymore, I want to be home with our kids." He said, "Okay, we'll make it work." I left my job and my bread winner income to stay at home. It was a big risk, and it has been a rocky road with lots of ups and downs. But he supported it without a second thought.
He goes to work every day, even though his body aches and his hands go numb. He thinks of me and the kids first, despite what his work is doing to his body. He takes on side work to make ends meet and sacrifices his time and hobbies to do it. He would give any one the shirt off his back.  I am so lucky to have such a loyal friend as my husband. Even if an estranged friend called him today and said they needed help, he'd find a way to do it. 
Our second wedding. Yes, we had two.
He is a phenomenal dad, but he will say that he wants to do more. I call him the "Fun parent", as he's the one that wrestles and goofs around and causes mischief. I'm the one that yells and makes everyone do chores. We are a good balance. His laid back, happy-go-lucky attitude balances out my high intensity, get it done yesterday mentality. And though I don't say it often enough, I am one lucky gal to have him as my partner in this crazy life. -K
On our trip to Anna Maria Island, FL this past June.
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment