My Family

My Family

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gratitude Challenge Week 3: Family

I am little late on this one, and there's a very good reason. I am honestly having a really hard time with this topic. Not because I am ungrateful for my family or because I don't love them. Because I am and I do, more than they will ever know. What I having been struggling with is how to put it into words. To me family isn't just the people that you are connected to by blood, but those you choose to surround yourself with. The people that you share every part of your life with. The one's that you know you can count on when all else fails.
I am fortunate enough to have an amazing family. They're funny, loud, creative, passionate, and supportive. We've seen a lot of sadness and have come out on the other side closer than we were before. I am grateful for their humor. For their ability to come together when it really counts and they way they support each other. I am so thankful to be a part of a family that can argue and fight but when it comes down to it, they've always got your back.
And when you want to complain about your family that can sometimes be your toughest critics...you turn to those friends that are your family. I have a very small circle of friends, and they are very dear. They're the ones that I share absolutely everything with, they know me better than my "real" family. But like my family, I know that when it comes down to it, I can call them and they'll be there. And, ultimately, isn't that what family is about? My "family" are those that I know that I can trust. The ones that bring positivity and happiness into my life and into the lives of my children. They're the people that know everything about me and still love me. And I am forever grateful for them, even though I may not always say it. -K
The Huber cousins way back when.


My siblings, all 4 of them and my kiddos, celebrating Dad's life.

Eric, Aaron, Mama, Kristin and Me.

Our Florida family, what a great trip we had!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment