My Family

My Family

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Gratitude Challenge: A friend

When I thought ahead to the person I would write about for this week's challenge, it was a no-brainer. When I think of the word friend, the first person that comes to mind is my friend Bobbie. This should come as no surprise to anyone that knows me, or Bob, for that matter. She is the third sister I never had, my partner in crime, the keeper of my secrets, and the one person that "gets" me when no one else does.
My mom always told me that I'd find my closest friends when I became an adult, and she was absolutely right. Although Bobbie and I have known each other since 10th grade and were close, it wasn't until we became adults that our forever friendship was solidified. When life turned into a huge asshole, my friend was there. When all others bailed, when I made bad decisions, and when I was at my darkest, my friend was there.
For me, the mark of a true friend is the way they react to your call for help when you are at your lowest. When my Dad passed away, everyone wanted to talk about how bad they felt for me and how sad it is that my Dad is gone. But Bobbie, she understood. I didn't want to talk about that, I just wanted to do normal things. Go to lunch, go craft shopping, laugh hysterical at my weird friend. So, that's what we did. Instead of listening to me cry, which she's done, she knew that what I really needed was to keep on keepin' on. For that, I am forever grateful.
I could go on forever, but we don't do mushy stuff. So, I'll just say this...I am eternally grateful for my dear friend Bobbie Jo, Bob, Boobs, Varkenstein! I love you my friend, even though you're kind of a bitch ;) -K
Retreat...we get weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment